Sunday, November 9, 2008

approaching things obliquely

I am moved by this. It is a huge emotional burden and makes space for itself in my chest and this causes me some pain. It is as if my organs are making way for the emptiness. I am holding this space inside me and it will spill out onto the page at some point. Right now I am edging around it. I am thinking about the initial real-world event that has moved me and finding ways to emotionally connect with it in the world that I am creating.

At the moment the real world is more clear to me than the world of the book, but eventually these things will exchange places. The book will overtake my world, the empty space will crowd out whatever is around it. Until then I will be a little sad and I will stare at the screen and wonder how and when I will climb inside it.

No comments: